Asbestos is a group of six naturally occurring carcinogenic minerals. These minerals were used in thousands of building materials up until the 1980s. Its fiber strength, heat resistance and insulation properties have been used in a wide range of manufactured goods such as floor tiles, wall and ceiling texturing, as well as piping insulation. Asbestos fibers are not dangerous when left alone, but are unsafe when disturbed. If inhaled, airborne fibers can cause various lung diseases such as mesothelioma, asbestosis and lung cancer.
The only way to know if a material contains asbestos is to have it tested. Before causing a release of asbestos fibers on your next renovation project, you or your contractor should first determine if the materials being disturbed contain asbestos. Satori Group has multiple AHERA certified inspectors for your sampling needs. Receive test results quickly from a NVLAP accredited laboratory and expedited results are always available upon request. Call to schedule!
Asbestos Consulting Services:
- Asbestos Building Material Surveys and Sampling (Full Structure or Renovation Specific)
- ASTM E1368 Visual Inspections
- Air Sampling and Analysis (NIOSH 7400, Phase Contrast Microscopy, and Transmission Electron Microscopy)
- Asbestos Management Planning
- Debris Profiling for Landfill Authorizations
- Project Design and Cost Estimation